Cleaning Instruction for HARO Timber Flooring
1. Simply use a broom or vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dry
2. Then use a microfibre mop to clean sticky spots or tougher dirt. Add ½ teaspoon of “Clean & Green Natural” to 1 litre of COLD water and wring out the mop head well so the microfibre pad is ONLY DAMP. DO NOT use a SOAKING WET mop. Then simply damp-mop the floor. You should get approximately 40x cleans per bottle. Clean & Green Natural is environmentally friendly and adds a protective film to your floor.
3. Every now and again (say once a month) give your floor a more intensive clean and for this we recommend “Clean & Green Active”. Apply this in the same way as the Natural Afterwards, mop again with Clean & Green Natural which adds that protective layer to your floor.
4. To protect your timber floor, we recommend that once a year you apply either Clean & Green Aqua Shield for a polyurethane floor or Clean & Green Aqua Oil (for an oiled floor). This protects your floor from moisture penetration, or drying out and then absorbing spills. Simply mop onto your floor and leave to dry for 2 hours before walking on it. Please note that these products are applied ‘neat’ i.e. not diluted in water. It is best to clean your floor with Clean & Green Active just prior to this protection treatment.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE – For all timber floors:
- DO NOT USE HOT/WARM WATER (COLD WATER ONLY)
- DO NOT USE A WET MOP (JUST DAMP)
- DO NOT USE A STEAM CLEANER – steam is not good for wooden floors, it expands the grain/fibres and allows dirt and moisture to penetrate and stay put.
- AVOID LETTING WATER STAND ON YOUR FLOOR
To purchase cleaning products please follow this link Care & Cleaning or Ph 0800 427669